I decided to create a blog that highlights the grace I've discovered throughout my life - and there has been a lot - as I've journeyed to grandmother-hood. The intent is to remember and share how we can find God's grace in the smallest of spaces in our lives, and how we can pass that God-given grace on to future generations.
That's the GMa Rose (yep, Grandma Rose) part. My daughter and granddaughter share my middle name - Rose.
The PS stands for Pastor's Sidekick, my self-appointed title as a second-career seminary student at my contextual congregation. The pastor and I bantered about acronyms for a Resident Seminarian. After closing an email with:
Sharon, RS, PIT, MIC, VP, NV
Resident Seminarian
Pastor in Training
Minister in Context
Vice Pastor
NOT Vicar
PS - Pastor's Sidekick
GP - Granny Pastor :-)
We decided on PS, since it put him in the "super hero" category. :) Much later I realized that it will be short for Pastor Sharon..... although I kind of like the idea of being called Pastor Rose.... as I enter this new phase of life. We'll see how that all works itself out. I am almost halfway through my seminary program at Luther Seminary as a Distributed Learning student. I take on-line courses and travel to Luther twice a year for coursework.
That's it. People have also suggested I find a way to post some of my writings for church, i.e. puppet skits and reflections, so this blog will serve as an avenue for that as well.
As we anticipate the birth of our Lord, may your Christmas bring grace and joy with your family and all you meet this season.
Peace to You,
Grandma Rose, PS
No comments:
Post a Comment