Just got back from a great time at Luther Seminary where I took a couple of classes. I still have a short, medium and long paper plus a final yet to write. Hope to get those done by the end of next week, if possible. Have to return to work on Monday - that is going to be a rough re-entry....
Last week, my daughter and Clare came up to visit while I was away. Her husband was on a week retreat at a monastery for a January term course, and she didn't want to trust Clare with unfamiliar babysitters, so she took the week off. Grandpa and his two girls had a great time. I wish I could have been around... and yet -- I think it is wonderful to give them the chance to spend some time together. I love to hear my husband say, "She does such a good job as a mother." It was weird, but I internally took some credit for that.... :) Heaven knows I didn't train her to be a mother - but I hope I did some good in the "unconditional love" area, and modeling responsibility, etc.
What it comes down to is a comment Melissa made to me just days after Clare was born: "I knew I would love her, but I just didn't realize I would love her so much the moment I saw her." Finally, I could say to her - "now you know how I feel about you" knowing she would really understand. "Now you know why I was always in your "business" - wanting to know who you were hanging out with and where you were..." Yep - she gets it. I thought motherhood was great. Being a mother to a mother is more than great.
Coming home is wonderful. I wish I would have gotten more done while at the seminary, but it was nice to be in the atmosphere and get to be part of worship and chapel, and spend some time with others in the program and meet with administrators and advisors.
Next up? HEBREW. Some folks love it and others don't "get" it. I hope I am one of the ones who "gets" it - at least enough to pass the class.
Peace!
Grandma Rose, PS
No comments:
Post a Comment