Thursday, January 28, 2010

Still in Transition?

I just read a book - The Way of Transition - for a Leadership class at Luther. I finally figured out why I feel in a bit of a stupor - I'm still in transition between two changes. I'm not totally a seminary student, but I've already mentally let go of my current work. I have a few years ahead as a full time (sort of) student in CPE and internship - which is a scary place to be when you are an equal financial partner in your marriage, and you are going to live on school loans for a couple of years....

I'm heading down a path of "discontinuous change" where the light is only a few steps ahead. Oh, I know all about trusting the call and trusting in God's promise. That does not seem to stop me from wondering. Wondering how I'm going to fit in a new role, where I don't always feel competence.

I guess that's what the next few years will be about - continuing to trust and listen and learn. Meanwhile - my house is in a stage of continuous disarray. I just keep thinking, "in three years I'll have time to deal with the disorganization."

Will I really?

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment