Saturday, September 11, 2010

Visiting Clare

Who would have thought a decade ago that you could sit and visit your granddaughter over the internet? I can't believe how the time flew by - on line for over an hour - just watching her eat, play with her parents, think about letting go and walking on her own. This was indeed a rich blessing. Of course we want to reach out and touch, but she gets to see our faces and hear our voices, so maybe it will be easier to remember who we are when we visit next. There is a lot of stuff I do not like about technology - substituting for real conversation, for one. But being able to connect in an instant is just great stuff.

And I don't know - maybe a decade ago, some one was thinking - and that's why we can do it today!

I like it :)

Clare is such a lucky little girl. Mommy home to play with, and Daddy teaching her cool animal sounds. Can't wait for our next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment