Tuesday, September 14, 2010

steps

Clare takes first steps - and we get to see it via video. Watching it a number of times I started to focus in on the feet of my daughter, Clare's mother. You could read her excitement in the achievement of her little girl.

Many times I have, and still do, call Melissa my little girl, adult and competent as she is, and she was so excited watching HER little girl.

We all go through steps. I'm at one of them - thinking about the future my children and their children will experience. The moments are the same - first steps, first day of school, first date, first job, and all the rest of life's "firsts"... but the viewpoint is just a little different from a generation away.

My, How God keeps us growing from one phase to the other...
Wisdom - I suppose I have a little, based on experience.
Time - it's precious
Viewpoint - I have endless time to grow in wisdom with the people I love, and learning to love the people I've never met. The kingdom is now, and we live in trust and hope for the kingdom come.

From watching a baby's first steps, I continue to travel on this pathway of wondering.
PS

No comments:

Post a Comment