Thursday, May 5, 2011

What is (or WHO is) your Core?


May 8th – revisited for Mother’s Day

Eighty-three years ago this beautiful woman was born. Fifty one years ago I was lucky enough to be welcomed as her sixth child and fourth daughter. 

She is part of who I am - my core. 

But more important than that, she taught me who the true core of all being is. Her trust in the surety in God’s great faithfulness in all the frailties of life has been a rock on which I have come to realize I have counted on and leaned on more than I will ever be able to fully appreciate.

She will probably never read this. She’s not an internet kind of gal, and she would probably be embarrassed by the sentiment. But I just wanted to say - Thanks for giving me life, and nurturing my faith and hope in the goodness of people. I know that it does indeed exist because you are a shining example for everyone who has ever met you.

I love you mom. Praise the Lord we get to be together forever because God is a God of the living and we are always living with him. 

Blessed birthday and many more to come!

Forever your loving daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment