Got back Saturday. Now it's Tuesday, and I'm still behind. Okay, I've rearranged some documents to come up with an application for CPE, but I have about 12 short papers to write and two finals I'd like to have done by next week. The Missional Consultation was AWESOME, as was the KAIROS course. I'm glad I recorded them so I can listen closely again as I write my reflections.
Lots of similar themes. Head spinning most of the time. Not so much that the ideas are new, but that they felt so mainstream. Oh, to have the freedom to forget about communion cards and tracking membership and the RCL and just PRACTICE your faith - study, prayer, sacraments, grace, forgiveness, letting go and listening - in community, not alone.
I'm nostalgic for the Reign of God. Not some 'I get everything I want' future, but living into the despair of the cross and being honest about who we are - creatures who need relationship with the other and with God - and we find it in Christ and the love that killed death. It is really sweet to know that I don't have to take life on my shoulders and create my identity or my future. My identity is in Christ and my future is secure in the love of Christ. Does that sound vague? Identity - look at Matt. 5-7; Love - re-read the Passion.
Now if I can only lead change for those who want the old ways back and don't understand why we can't just work harder to make it happen.
All I can say is - Dear God, lead us to participate in your mission in our neighborhood and in the world.
Okay - that's the Reader's Digest version. Starting tomorrow - the concise translation version.
God's peace and hope,
Rose
PS - figured out my future schedule too. Looks like a long distance commute in Spring 2013 - either 12 2-day visits, or 6 9-day visits. The cost works out about the same..... We shall see. Have to get through CPE and internship next.
No comments:
Post a Comment