Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Traveling light

Right now I am not packing for my trip tomorrow. We are heading to the airport at 9 am for a 12:20 flight. A two hour wait, so I will have plenty of time to read. Pat has to get back in time to start his motor route by 11:00.

I don't have everything read I wanted to. I have not collected all my papers and books and CPE APPLICATION - which MUST get completed during this trip; I don't have all my laundry done.

Ah well. It is only a week. 3-4 pairs of black pants, a few sleeveless and short-sleeved tops that can be layered with a couple of Lands End fitted (and comfortable) blouses, a black jacket, a fleece jacket, Some t-shirts for sleeping, my slippers and tennis shoes - and a set of work out clothes that I won't end up wearing b/c I won't make it down to the gym. Oh yeah - socks and underwear too, but that goes without saying - even if I have already said it...

That should take about 5 minutes.

Then - comes the tough part. Two laptops, keyboard, a voice recorder, a Flip camera, batteries, cables, chargers, phone and deciding which bag to use as my purse. Probably will be the backpack this time, with the computer bag packed in the suitcase. I traveled by car last June.

I'm just really excited to be able to spend some time being immersed in one job - learning.

Can't wait.

Well, the washing machine just stopped so I best be putting those clothes in the dryer.

Air travel and Skype - two results of progress I really am thankful for. I'll be all set up in my home away from home 750 miles away in less than 24 hours. Simply amazing.
Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Heading to bed now and getting up ultra early to pack. Whatever I forget I can live without. ... or buy :)

    ReplyDelete