Tuesday, November 2, 2010

This American's Dream on Election Day

My dream is that the freedom and riches that any particular American enjoys would be used to turn to their neighbor (near and far) and say - I'll share with you my riches, so you can experience freedom, and then we can pursue a relationship based on mutual respect.

Together we will strive for justice and provide relief for those on the margins of society. Maybe I will have to forego a few luxuries - but I'll have "mates" to walk beside me through the whole mess of the maneuvers of the "big deals" - the ones who need to build a pyramid of power and control to honor themselves, using the backs of others to get to the top. We will be outside that pyramid, sharing pictures of our families and smiling at the innocence of our children.

Some believe government and politicians can build that dream.
I don't.

My faith is in the reign of Christ - Grace, mercy, forgiveness, reconciliation, generosity, and hope.


Maybe if we redefine the dream, life would be a little richer for everyone......

1 comment: